[CASL-L] FREE Upcoming Webinar 2/9 for Early Years: Mobile Technology & Game Methodology [from Erin Pettus]

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 2 10:25:41 PST 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: edWeb <message at edweb.net>
To: Irene Kwidzinski <kwidz at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thu, February 2, 2012 12:12:38 PM
Subject: Upcoming Webinar 2/9: Mobile Technology & Game Methodology [from Erin
Pettus]

Upcoming Webinar 2/9: Mobile Technology & Game Methodology [from Erin Pettus]
A new posting was submitted in the community Exploring eBooks for K-12.
 Upcoming Webinar 2/9: Mobile Technology & Game Methodology
A new posting from Erin Pettus (Communications Coordinator, edWeb.net)

We thought you might be interested in this month's Mobile Learning
Explorations webinar!

Using Mobile Technology & Game Methodology to Scale Student Achievement in the
Early Years
Thursday, February 9th - 4pm Eastern Time

In This Session
It is estimated that 46% of children enter kindergarten at risk of failure, and
88% of them never catch up.  Many of these children lack the vocabulary and oral
language skills needed for academic success, and more than half of them have no
books in their homes.  How can we make language poor environments language rich?
 Join Ilene Rosenthal, CEO and Founder of Footsteps2Brilliance™, for our
community’s next webinar to learn how mobile technology may be the game changer
for successfully scaling student achievement in the early years.  Ilene will
highlight a case study in which ELL children, who had never before been to
school, used mobile technology to prepare for kindergarten.  Learn about the
program that combined mobile apps, educational games, assessments, and parent
training to advance the comprehension skills of these young students to get them
off to a better start in school.  Don’t miss this interactive, one-hour webinar
on February 9th to learn how your school or district can use mobile technology
to improve school readiness for more of your students.

To Participate in the Live Session
Login at www.instantpresenter.com/edwebnet3 at the scheduled time.
There is no pre-registration for this event.
This webinar will be recorded and archived in this community for viewing at
anytime.

About the Presenter
Ilene Rosenthal is the CEO and Founder of Footsteps2Brilliance™.  The company
recently won the prestigious SIIA award of “Innovative Company Most Likely To
Succeed.”  Prior to Footsteps2Brilliance™, Ilene served as President of
Strategic Initiatives for Achieve3000 and was a co-founder of Lightspan.  She
began her career as a teacher, and she also has served as the General Counsel to
a committee in the U.S. House of Representatives, as an Assistant United States
Attorney in DC, as the General Counsel for the Software Publishers Association
(now SIIA) and as the Special Assistant to the Council of Chief State School
Officers (CCSSO).  Ilene received her J.D. from Georgetown University and her
B.A. from Wesleyan University.

About Mobile Learning Explorations
In a series of free webinars, live chats, and online discussions, our team of
pioneering experts will bring the latest news, trends, case studies, and best
practices to the edWeb community as we explore the potential of laptops,
tablets, and other hand-held devices to enrich learning, to bridge the digital
divide, and to extend learning beyond the traditional school day.
As a member of the community, you'll be invited to a free webinar and live chat
each month that will touch on a different topic. You'll have access to all of
the recorded webinars, presentations, and resources, providing you with an
online learning center you can return to at any time.  CE certificates are
provided for attending and viewing the webinars.
Visit the community at www.edweb.net/mobile.

This program is co-hosted by edWeb.net and CoSN.
This program is sponsored by AT&T.
To reply to the message, go to http://www.edweb.net/.59c85f8f

Change your email notifications: You can customize your email notifications,
receive a daily digest, or stop all notifications completely.  To change your
settings, go to My Settings then select "Change My Notifications."