[CASL-L] 3 Seats Available: Business Resources for Librarians - Feb. 15th (MLSC)

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Wed Feb 8 05:39:38 PST 2012

Please excuse the cross posting

There are still seats available in the Business Resources for Librarians workshop on Feb. 15th at the Middletown Library Service Center. To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Please Note: Workshops will be canceled if we do not receive the required minimum number of registrations for each workshop.

Business Resources for Librarians - Feb. 15th (MLSC)

Do you feel comfortable answering questions like:

*I need to find what Nynex stock was worth on June 21, 1985?

*Can I start a piano school in my home?

*I've got a job interview tomorrow and I need to research the XY Z Company?

*I'm starting a day care business and want to know how many families with working parents there are in Bristol and Torrington?

If you answered, NO, this workshop is for you!

During this half-day workshop, you'll learn about a core group of free or readily available tools that will help you answer the most common business reference questions. You'll have a chance to practice answering real-world business questions using these tools during this hands-on workshop. This basic introduction to business terminology and resources is geared towards new and non-business librarians.

Kris Abery
Continuing Education Coordinator
Connecticut State Library
Email: Kris.Abery at ct.gov