[CASL-L] We Give Books Launches "Read for My School"

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 14 11:31:57 PST 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jennifer Habley <jhabley at ala.org>
To: aaslforum at ala.org
Sent: Tue, February 14, 2012 1:48:19 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] We Give Books Launches "Read for My School"

Today the Pearson Foundation announced the launch of “Read for My School,” a
special We Give Books campaign taking place through March 14. As part of the
campaign, We Give Books is donating 150,000 new children’s books to public
elementary schools across the country.  For every book read on behalf of a
school, that school will receive one new hardcover or paperback book.  Each
school has the ability to earn up to 500 books and once a school has earned 500
books, readers can assist other schools in meeting their goal.

To learn more about this campaign and register, visit the “Read for My School”
site at http://www.wegivebooks.org/pf/rfms/index.php.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jennifer Habley
Manager, Web Communications and Affiliate Relations
American Association of School Librarians
a division of the American Library Association
www.aasl.org
1-800-545-2433 x 4383
jhabley at ala.org

Attend a full- or half-dayAASL preconferenceon Friday, June 22, during ALA 2012
Annual Conference and discover ways to make your school library program emerge
and thrive.

ALA 2012 Annual Conference
June 21-26, 2012
Anaheim, California