[CASL-L] Seats Available: Homework Help with iCONN, LinkedIn for Librarians & Redesigning Flyers in Publisher 2010

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Tue Mar 13 05:59:28 PDT 2012

There is still space available in the following March workshops. To register access the Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Free Webinar: Homework Help with iCONN - March 20th (Online)
This workshop focuses on Gale's homework helper resources. We'll use actual school assignments to explore the In Context resources (Science, U.S. History, World History, Biography), perfect for middle and high school students. We'll also take a look at Kids InfoBits for elementary age students. We'll also take a quick look at Testing and Education Reference Center for students preparing for college and careers.

LinkedIn for Librarians - March 21st (MLSC)
You may have heard of Facebook and MySpace but are you familiar with LinkedIN? This social networking site has become one of the most popular sites for those wanted to create a professional presence on the Internet. In this workshop, we will explore LinkedIn features such as Profiles, Contacts, and Job Searching. We will also examine various "groups" available in the LinkedIn network where we can share ideas, write or receive professional recommendations, as well as enhance our knowledge of library issues.

Redesigning Flyers in Publisher 2010 - March 28th (Darien PL)
Do your flyers have the impact you want? This course combines a discussion on flyer design as well as, a hands on approach to redoing
flyers. We'll be talking about what makes an effective flyer while  critiquing your samples and samples of your fellow students. We'll
then go to the computers to do "makeovers' with our knew found knowledge. A working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher is required for
this class. Please bring samples of your work and an open mind.

Topics include:
*Identifying the elements of good flyer design
*Determining what makes some flyers work better than others
*Seeing the effect of color and fonts on flyers
*Opening your eyes to the flyer world around you
*Using your own good judgment to redo sample flyers

Kris Abery
Continuing Education Coordinator
Connecticut State Library
Email: Kris.Abery at ct.gov