[CASL-L] Free iConn Webinars: Homework Help, PowerSearch & the Reference Desk AND User Accts. in Your Gale/iCONN Resoures

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Tue May 29 05:20:56 PDT 2012

Three FREE webinars have been scheduled for May and June 2012. To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Free Webinar: Homework Help with iCONN - May 31st , 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Online)

This webinar focuses on Gale's homework helper resources. We'll use actual school assignments to explore the In Context resources (Science, U.S. History, World History, Biography), perfect for middle and high school students. We'll also take a look at Kids InfoBits for elementary age students. We'll also take a quick look at Testing and Education Reference Center for students preparing for college and careers

Free iCONN Webinar: PowerSearch and the Reference Desk - June 1st, 10:00 am - 11:00 am. (Online)

Gale's PowerSearch and the Reference Desk - a match like peanut butter and jelly! Tune into this one hour webinar to learn more about integrating PowerSearch into your work at the reference desk and elsewhere in the library. We'll discover how to answer common reference questions as well as how PowerSearch can help with collection development and your own professional development. Do you know how to set up search alerts to automatically let you know when content you want has been added to PowerSearch? Well, you will after this webinar - join us!

Free iCONN Webinar: User Accounts in Your Gale/iCONN Resources - June 26th 10:00 am - 11:00 a.m. (Online)

Did you know you can save search strategies to use again and again in PowerSearch? Or that you can save articles from session to session? The Gale User Account let's you do that and more! Tune into this one hour webinar to learn how to keep your research from session to session in your Gale/iCONN resources.

Additional training opportunities available @ http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/OnlineTrainingPublicSchool.aspx

Kris Abery
Continuing Education Coordinator
Connecticut State Library