[CASL-L] Request for Information about CT Library Jobs

Maria Kleiner mariawelk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 11:16:56 PST 2021

Hello all,
I am relocating from Portland, OR to the New Haven area in July to be
closer to family. I have been a Teacher-Librarian for 14 years in Oregon, 4
years in a K-5 and 10 years in a K-8. I recently became certified in CT and
am starting to look for employment for the 2021-22 school year. As I begin
to navigate this, I wanted to reach out to the group to see if anyone knows
of any great jobs available for next year. I would also appreciate any
information on districts that have historically been supportive to
librarians and have strong library programs. Lastly, I created an
application on CTREAP, as it seems like most districts post their openings
on that site. Is that accurate?
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Maria Kleiner
Teacher-Librarian
Portland, OR