[CASL-L] Fwd: Hour of Code has arrived!

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Mon Dec 4 06:38:04 PST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tanya Parker <tanya at code.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 9:03 AM
Subject: Hour of Code has arrived!

Good morning,

It's finally here! I hope you and your school are as excited as I am to see
students celebrating Computer Science Education Week this week by coding
and learning about artificial intelligence. I have some good news and some
less good news.

*The less good news:* We have run out of supplies and we are unable to send
an engagement kit (with stickers and posters) to your school. We are so
sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your interest in requesting a
kit. It's encouraging to see so much enthusiasm, and we will plan
accordingly to accommodate more schools next year.

*The good news:* Code.org is hosting a live stream each day this week
<https://codeorg.medium.com/bring-dance-party-creators-to-your-classroom-during-hour-of-code-612387e36f37>.
Each live stream is a chance for your school to meet the creators behind
Dance Party: AI Edition, and we want to hear what questions your students
have! Submit your questions here <https://bit.ly/HoC-live-stream-q>, or
live during the stream, and get a chance for a shout out to your school.
You can submit as many questions as you like.

Don't forget to celebrate and share on social media so we can see the joy
that you've brought to students this week. Tag us with #HourOfCode and
@codeorg

Happy coding!
Tanya Parker

--

Tanya Parker

Hour of Code Lead

Code.org

--
*Barbara Johnson*
*Instructional Technology Coordinator*

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in