[CASL-L] Grants to upcoming AASL Conference

David Bilmes dbilmes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 27 13:17:26 PDT 2023

Penguin Random House will pay conference registration for 30 school librarians to attend the upcoming AASL Conference in Florida in October. You'll still be on the hook for your travel and lodging, but if you've never attended AASL it's the best national conference for school librarians and worth the money. Avelo is a budget airline flying direct from New Haven to Tampa, and in the past many CASL members have had no trouble finding other CASL attendees to share rooms with.
I usually worked out a deal with my district over the years where I asked for PD days to attend AASL, and I was usually able to get my district to agree to pay for my conference registration. In any case, it doesn't hurt to apply for the free registration from Penguin Random House. The deadline for doing so is July 11. You must be an AASL member to apply.
Together We’re Stronger National Conference Registration Grants

|  |  |

|  |
Together We’re Stronger National Conference Registration Grants

CHICAGO — Thirty conference registration grants are available to school library professionals wishing to attend ...

David BilmesAdjunct Professor Department of Library and Information ScienceSouthern Connecticut State University