[CASL-L] CT Author Wins Moonbeam Children's Book Award

Jeri Van Leer jmvanleer76 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:27:03 PDT 2023

Judy Ricketts-White from Waterford, CT, received the Moonbeam Children's
Book Award in the Best Chapter Books category
<https://www.mecatepress.com/blog/slater-mountain-book-series-wins-moonbeam-childrens-book-award>
for
her Slater Mountain Book series. Recently, I had the opportunity to meet
Judy and discuss her writing. She strives to create accurate stories about
horses by consulting with equestrians concerning horse behavior and
training. Based on feedback from readers of the first book in the series,
she included a glossary of horse-related vocabulary. As an equestrian and
horse enthusiast I am always on the hunt for a good horse story!

Judy is also an accomplished website designer and graphic artist. For more
information about her books & services visit Ricketts-White Design
<http://www.rickettswhitedesign.com/home.html>.

Happy Trails!

Jeri