[CASL-L] Fwd: [please RSVP] Economics & Social Studies in the Elementary Grades

Collins, Kerry collinsk at bethel.k12.ct.us
Sat Sep 2 12:47:41 PDT 2023

If interested…

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: JHD-Jennifer Heikkila Díaz <jennyhd at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 2, 2023 at 10:52 AM
Subject: [please RSVP] Economics & Social Studies in the Elementary Grades

Dear educators,

I hope the first days of this new school year have been filled with the
promise and seeds of a new and exciting learning journey with your students
and families.

I wanted to share that a teacher, Jenna, and I have been working on a
series of Zoom sessions for elementary teachers to unpack and work through
the draft social studies content standards, focusing on the economics
standards.  We are offering one-hour sessions, starting September 13,
approximately every other week.  Please see the flyer below for the dates
for the K-5 overview and each grade level session.  About 30 minutes will
be unpacking the standards and sharing examples and resources, while the
other half will be time for Q&A and collaboration.

RSVP to one or all sessions through this link:
https://ctsocialstudies.org/meetinginfo.php

Please share this widely with K-5 teachers, your school community, and your
district!

JHD

--
Jenny (JHD) Heikkila Díaz