[CASL-L] September In-Person Workshops!

Gail Hurley Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Tue Sep 5 05:05:27 PDT 2023

​[cid:186dbc721864ce8e91]

[cid:image004.png at 01D9DEB2.B2A80100]

Join us this month for the following in-person workshops at the Middletown Library Service Center!
Stand Out Every Time You Talk with Jean Baur, Author & Career Coach
What happens when we have to make a presentation--whether to our staff, the board or a room full of strangers? We get nervous and our message gets lost. In this three-hour, interactive workshop, learn the fundamentals of effective presentation skills. Find out how solid eye contact is an anchor, learn about posture and why gestures are essential and make your content come alive. We'll also cover how to use your voice effectively, tips on crowd control, and how to regain the attention of a distracted audience. We'll practice Q&A skills and why this part of your presentation is a great opportunity for you to shine. Interactive and fun, join us live at the CT State Library for a session that will help you stand out every time you talk!
WHEN: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 from 1:00 – 4:00
REGISTER: https://cslib.libcal.com/event/11035398
~
Crisis Communications with Libby Post, CEO Communications Services
No one wants to think they’ll have a crisis to deal with. But, today’s news—from attempts to ban books to active shooter situations—makes being prepared with a crisis communications plan more important than ever. Join Connecticut State Library consultant and trainer, Libby Post, to explore the steps you can take to be prepared.
WHEN: Friday, September 29, 2023 from 11:00 – 12:30
REGISTER: https://cslib.libcal.com/event/11035888

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

© 2016 CT State Library. All rights reserved.