[CASL-L] Brush up on your presentation skills

Gail Hurley Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Tue Sep 19 20:25:24 PDT 2023

​[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6FF95.39648FB0]

[cid:image004.png at 01D8008D.06A49DF0]

Are you speaking at any upcoming conference programs?  Do you need to do presentations for your town or institution? Please join us for the following in-person program to brush up on those presentation skills and feel more confident.

Stand Out Every Time You Talk!

Instructor: Jean Baur

Dates: Tuesday, September 26 from 1:00-4:00 pm at the Middletown Library Service Center

Register here<https://cslib.libcal.com/event/11035398>.

What happens when we have to make a presentation--whether to our staff, the board or a room full of strangers? We get nervous and our message gets lost. In this three-hour, interactive workshop, learn the fundamentals of effective presentation skills. Find out how solid eye contact is an anchor, learn about posture and why gestures are essential and make your content come alive. We'll also cover how to use your voice effectively, tips on crowd control, and how to regain the attention of a distracted audience. We'll practice Q&A skills and why this part of your presentation is a great opportunity for you to shine. Interactive and fun, join us live at the CT State Library for a session that will help you stand out every time you talk!

For other workshops, please visit the CE calendar at: https://cslib.libcal.com/

For any questions, please contact Gail Hurley at Gail.Hurley at ct.gov<http://Gail.Hurley@ct.gov> or

860-704-2223

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

© 2016 CT State Library. All rights reserved.