[CASL-L] New StoryWalks® to borrow from MLSC!

Abbey Lynch Abbey.E.Lynch at ct.gov
Tue Apr 23 09:58:44 PDT 2024

[Logo: CT State Library Division of Library Development]

[cid:image004.png at 01DA956B.40A538A0]

New StoryWalk® Books!
Middletown Library Service Center Collections
The Middletown Library Service Center (MLSC) has many, many collection items worth knowing about, exploring, and of course, borrowing! We lend resources to public, school and academic libraries throughout the state of Connecticut to help supplement collections or provide access to resources that otherwise might be out of reach. We lend Picture Books, Non-fiction, Book Discussion Sets, and more!
We recently added new StoryWalks® to our collection<https://cslib.libcal.com/reserve/storywalk>! A StoryWalk® is a fun activity that engages families in literacy while being physically active through walking or hiking. Pages from a children's book are placed along a walkable path. Families have fun reading aloud together and building children's interest in reading while enjoying the physical and mental health benefits of the outdoors. While StoryWalks® are traditionally outdoor activities, we encourage you to use these materials wherever works for your library, including indoors.
Laminated pages can be mounted according to borrowing library's preference. Please do not puncture the laminated pages. Please remove tape, Velcro, and other adhesives before returning. The loan period for StoryWalks® is 45 days.
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. StoryWalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
Thank you to the Richmond Memorial Library for generously donating several of our new StoryWalks®!
New titles available as StoryWalks®:

  *   And Then Comes Summer<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176243> by Tom Brenner, illustrated by Jaimie Kim
  *   City Beet<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176232> by Tziporah Cohen, illustrated by Udayana Lugo
  *   Don't Touch That Flower!<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176313> by Alice Hemming & Nicola Slater
  *   The Earth Gives More<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176321> by Sue Fliess, illustrated by Christiane Engel
  *   Finding Wild<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176245> by Megan Wagner Lloyd, illustrated by Abigail Halpin
  *   First Notes of Spring<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176233> by Jessica Kulekjian, illustrated by Jennifer Bower
  *   Happy Springtime!<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176247> by Kate McMullan, illustrated by Sujean Rim
  *   Ice Cream Summer<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176235> by Peter Sís
  *   In November<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176345> by Cynthia Rylant, illustrated by Jill Kastner
  *   My Voice is a Trumpet<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176344> by Jimmy Allen, illustrated by Cathy Ann Johnson
  *   The Sea Knows<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176248> by Alice B. McGinty & Alan B. Havis, illustrated by Stephanie Laberis
  *   Summer Color!<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176246> By Diana Murray, illustrated by Zoe Persico
  *   When Spring Comes<https://cslib.libcal.com/equipment/item/176244> by Kevin Henkes, illustrated by Lauren Dronzek
View all available StoryWalks® here<https://cslib.libcal.com/reserve/storywalk>. Keep checking back for new additions!
Not sure how to request items? Don't worry, we made a video!<https://youtu.be/NTOsBGgGkfg>
Do you work in a school? Have your MLSC items sent to the public library of your choice. That can the town your school is in or the town you live in - your choice!

  *   Deliver IT numbers can be found here<https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/deliveritct/schedule>
And remember you can book items up to 365 days in advance and there are NO LATE FEES!

Happy Browsing!

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

© 2016 CT State Library. All rights reserved.

Abbey Lynch (she/her)
Library Technical Assistant
Middletown Library Service Center
abbey.e.lynch at ct.gov<mailto:abbey.e.lynch at ct.gov>