[CASL-L] Philosophy for 6th Graders

Tracy Earnshaw tearnshaw at rsd13.org
Thu Jan 4 04:53:34 PST 2024

Sophie's World also comes in a two-volume graphic novel version!
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sophie%27s+world+graphic+novel&crid=1KCIZDCMJKQMG&sprefix=sophie%27s+world%2Caps%2C135&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_14

*Tracy Earnshaw*

Teacher Librarian

Frank Ward Strong Middle School

Regional School District 13

191 Main Street | Durham, CT 06422

O: 860.349.7222 | tearnshaw at rsd13.org

Visit us at: http://strong.rsd13ct.org <http://lyman.rsd13ct.org/>
"Books may well be the only true magic." --Alice Hoffman

Coginchaug Regional High School

135 Pickett Lane | P. O. Box 280 | Durham, CT 06422

O: 860.349.7215 | tearnshaw at rsd13.org

Visit us at: http://crhs.rsd13ct.org <http://lyman.rsd13ct.org/>

On Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 6:21 PM Gail Nelson <gwnelson100 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The book *Sophie's World* is a novel about the history of philosophy
> written by Jostein Gardener.  It was written for young adults.  I have not
> read it, but it has received some great reviews.
>
> On Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 4:37 PM Katie Clancy via CASL-L <casl-l at mylist.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Does anyone know of books that explore philosophy and ancient
>> philosophers that is appropriate for middle schoolers, specifically 6th
>> graders?  Thanks for any ideas you can throw my way!
>>
>> Katie Finlan
>> Hebron Elementary School LMS
>> Sent from my iPhone

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.