[CASL-L] Train books?

Gail Nelson gwnelson100 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:21:58 PST 2024

Hi everyone,

I do a themed reading promotion every year.  This year the theme will be
"Climb Aboard the Reading Railroad."  I am planning to turn my large
bulletin board into train tracks running through different literary worlds
like Narnia and the Hundred Acre Woods, but there will also be a nonfiction
world - probably depicting the trans-continental railroad.

I would like to highlight some books that feature trains.  I have thought
of:
Steam Train Dream Train
The Little Engine that Could
Locomotive - Floca
The Subway
Milo Imagines the World
Harry Potter -(Hogwarts Express)
The Silver Arrow

I'd love to hear any train books you might think of to add to my list.

Thanks so much!!

Gail
Harwinton Consolidated School