[CASL-L] Litter Awareness Program

Karen Elizabeth mrsdandelske at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 13:33:26 PDT 2024

Greetings Librarian Colleagues,

I am excited to share with you an interesting program by one of my favorite
educators,  Stacey Giaquinto.  She has created an educational program
called Litter Awareness to teach about the consequences of littering and
single-use plastics.  She has written a children's book on the topic and
has been visiting schools, libraries, camps and other
environmental/educational venues to speak to children, teens and adults.  I
have seen her presentation and her passion to "spread the message, not the
mess" with her positive enthusiasm is contagious.

Since the 2024 theme is all about conservation with “Read, Renew, Repeat”
and with Earth Day coming up, the timing might be perfect to connect with
her.  She has already been booking dates for this April vacation,
throughout this school year,  and over the summer already, but would love
to reach out to more libraries.

I have attached her contact & website information so you can see more about
the program.  I think this would be a great match for CT libraries and
school LMS as well.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Karen Dandelske