[MCOH-EH] n95 mask fit questions

Diane Shaw diane.shaw at tuality.org
Fri Feb 24 09:06:57 PST 2017

We use Healthstream to track a lot of our employee education. I use the checklist feature to have the N95 fit testing assigned annually and due by date of hire. This staggers employee throughout the year and avoids everyone being due in the same month and overwhelming my office (the office is staffed with 1 FTE). The checklist loads 6 months before the due date so staff have ample time to select an appointment from the calendar set up in Healthstream. If the employee does not do their N95 fit testing on time, it will show up as past due and is supposed to result in a "does not meet expectations" on their annual performance review. We have had this system in place since June 2015 and our compliance rate for N95 fit testing was only 45% for 2016! I was told by one of the managers that they "have to pick and choose their battles" and they do not "ding " the employee on their annual performance review if the N95 fit testing was not completed.

As hard as it is, I will always do fit testing on a walk-in basis, unless I have a prescheduled meeting!

I am addressing the problem with the Clinical Leadership Council next month to provide education and ask for the managers help in encouraging and enforcing compliance.

Diane M. Shaw, BSN, RN, COHN-S
Employee Health Nurse/Employee Health Services
Tuality Healthcare
OHSU Partner
335 S.E. 8th Ave.
Hillsboro, OR 97123
diane.shaw at tuality.org<mailto:diane.shaw at tuality.org>
tel: 503-681-1444 l fax: 503-681-4170

The contents of this transmission may be confidential in nature and should be directed only to the addressee. Do not read, copy, or disseminate this material unless you are the intended recipient. If this transmission has reached you in error, please forward this e-mail to the sender to advise, then destroy the message.