This is a listserv designed for use by the Connecticut library community to discuss matters related to services to older adult patrons.
'Older Adult' can mean many things in this day and age; what many think of as services including traditional 'frail elderly' persons, active older adults, retirees, Baby Boomers, and 'Anyone Older than Me.'
'The Usual' posting rules will apply to this list, that is, posts (and eventually posters) will be removed for offensive behavior. In general:
* Behave in a professional, respectful and civil manner. Refrain from name-calling; put-downs; insults; baiting; personal attacks; profanity; vulgarities; racial comments; and inflammatory, derogatory or disruptive remarks.
* Refrain from rehashing old arguments and engaging in lengthy personal arguments with one or more posters. Postings of this nature are of no value to the community at large and will be deleted.
* Do not belabor a point. Respectfully agree to disagree and move on.
* Do not attempt to impersonate another poster by choosing a similar screen name or by any other means. Do not post under multiple screen names.
* Do not commercially promote or advertise products, services, companies or web sites.
* This list is about library services to older adults and information related to that -- please stay close to the topic.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the SOAR
Subscribe to SOAR by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.