[CASL-L] Seats Available: Desktop Mngt Tools & Windows Shortcut (WLSC)

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Wed Aug 3 05:24:45 PDT 2011

There are still seats available in the Desktop Management Tools and Windows Shortcuts workshops on Aug. 11st at the Willimantic Library Service Center. To register access the Connecticut State Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

PLEASE NOTE: If we do not receive the minimum number of registrations the workshops will be canceled by 12:00 p.m. on Aug. 3rd

Desktop Management Tools for an Efficient Workspace - Aug, 11th (WLSC)  9:00 - 12:00 - 3 seats available

Everyone has heard about computer maintenance, but what about computer management? As librarians, many of us have a difficult time throwing anything away, from books to old emails. Traditionally we are better trained to manage our book collections than our computer files. Computers have become one of the most important tools in librarianship, from holding documents to being the center of communication. In this workshop, we will examine the best practices for organizing files and try out software such as Google Desktop for managing and sharing files.

Windows Shortcuts - Aug. 11th (WLSC) 1:00 - 4:00 - 5 seats available

Do you know how to add a printer, create new folders on the desktop or know the difference between Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, this class is for you. In this workshop, we will highlight the features of Microsoft Windows, from keyboard and mouse shortcuts, to using menus and control panels. You will learn how your computer works and some shortcuts that will let you get the most out of your computer.

Kris Abery
Connecticut State Library
Continuing Education Coordinator
Tele: 860.704.2206