[CASL-L] iCONN Webinar: PowerSearch and the Reference Desk & iCONN Webinar: Using iCONN/Gale Periodicals

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Thu Dec 1 10:33:54 PST 2011

Please excuse the cross posting

The following iCONN webianrs have been scheduled for December 2011. To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Free iCONN Webinar: PowerSearch and the Reference Desk - Dec. 5th (Online)

Gale's PowerSearch and the Reference Desk - a match like peanut butter and jelly! Tune into this one hour webinar to learn more about integrating PowerSearch into your work at the reference desk and elsewhere in the library. We'll discover how to answer common reference questions as well as how PowerSearch can help with collection development and your own professional development. Do you know how to set up search alerts to automatically let you know when content you want has been added to PowerSearch? Well, you will after this webinar - join us!

Free iCONN Webinar: Using iCONN/Gale Periodicals - Dec. 5th (Online)

What's General OneFile? Should I use it instead of General Reference Center Gold? What can Culinary Arts Collection do for me? This one hour session will focus on the difference between Gale's periodical (InfoTrac) collections - what's in each, which to use when, and why they're available.

Kris Abery
Continuing Education Coordinator
Connecticut State Library
Email: Kris.Abery at ct.gov