[CASL-L] Two Downloadable Audio Book Issues

Hansen, Eric A Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov
Fri Jul 8 06:00:42 PDT 2011

Cross-posted; please excuse duplication. Please forward as appropriate.

Everyone:

Lately some of our downloadable audio book users have reported problems getting titles to download to their computers. Some have also reported that certain titles will download, but not transfer to their devices. I have found the cause of both problems, as follows:

Titles would not download:
Ingram had a database of retail-only titles (i.e. not for library use) that mistakenly got on to library web sites. These titles have since been removed from all library web sites by Ingram. I have the list of such titles for any one that wants it.

Titles would download but not transfer:
Some versions of Mac OSX are not compatible with the newest version of the Ingram Media Manager (IMM). To solve this problem, follow the link below to download and install an older version of IMM that will be compatible with OSX:

http://isc.ingramdigital.com/download/installer/immsetup_2009-11-03_2439.dmg

Please note that I have posted the link above to iCONN's Downloadable Audio Books Tips & Tricks web page as Tip #14. To view this page, point to:

http://www.cslib.org/iconnsitemap/staff/TipsAndTricks.aspx

My apologies for any confusion and inconvenience these issues have caused.

Eric Hansen
Electronic Resources Coordinator
iCONN.org
786 South Main Street