[CASL-L] Seats Available: Publisher 2007 Pt. 1 & Pt.2 (MLSC)

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Wed Jul 20 06:55:42 PDT 2011

Please excuse the cross posting.

There are still seats available in the following Connecticut State Library Continuing Education Publisher 2007 workshops in July 2011. To register access the Connecticut State Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Publisher 2003/2007 Pt.1 - July 27th 9:00 - 12:00 (MLSC) 2 seats available
This hands-on training session will introduce basic desktop publishing techniques to the new Publisher 2007 (or 2003) user, but will also appeal to the more experienced user. We'll be examining the set-up of the program and its use of templates. We'll focus on the toolbar and the hidden controls for tools.

Additional topics will include:
How layering can be used to get different effects
The use of clipart
Grouping and ungrouping objects

Publisher 2003/2007 Pt.2 - July 28th 9:00 - 12:00 (MLSC) 6 seats available
In this second day of the workshop we'll continue to explore the features of Microsoft Publisher. We'll focus on multi-page documents, such as flyers and newsletters. We'll be comparing the benefits of multiple columns versus linked text blocks. We'll be adding continued to and from lines as well as developing styles sheets.

Topics covered will include:
How to work with multiple page documents
Create linking text blocks
Use multiple column text blocks
Create and apply style sheets
Prepare document for commercial printing
Define text wrapping for graphic and tex

If you are unable to attend a workshop visit the WebJunction Connecticut Course Catalog @ http://ct.webjunction.org/catalog  for a complete list of online courses.

Kris Abery
Connecticut State Library
Continuing Education Coordinator