[CASL-L] CINAHL Full Text and ProQuest Newsstand

Sullivan, William F William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov
Thu Jun 30 09:05:46 PDT 2011

Connecticut Libraries:

As you have heard in the news the Governor will be seeking to gain legislative authority during today's Special Session to implement reductions in the state budget.

We received a summary of the Governor's proposed budget adjustments for the State Library from OPM which represents a 23% cut from the budget that was previously approved for the next biennium.  If he receives that authority, I believe the expectation is that the agencies will be asked to implement the reductions.  In other words there is, at this point, no proposed line by line budget reductions for the State Library (or any agency). Obviously, in addition to personnel cuts, there would have to be significant cuts to library programs in order to reach the $2,670,034 reduction.

In light of this budget uncertainty iCONN must postpone the restoration of CINAHL Full Text and ProQuest Newsstand.

William Sullivan, Administrator
iCONN - Connecticut's re-search engine www.iconn.org<http://www.iconn.org/> - www.twitter.com/iCONN<http://www.twitter.com/iCONN>
Connecticut State Library www.cslib.org<http://www.cslib.org/> - www.facebook.com/CtStateLibrary<http://www.facebook.com/CtStateLibrary>
786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT  06457
William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov<mailto:William.F.Sullivan at ct.gov>
p:  860-704-2230 or 888-256-1222 (toll-free in CT)
f:  860-704-2228