[CASL-L] It's CLC's Holiday Booklist time!

Christine Sarrazin csarrazin at ctlibrarians.org
Wed Nov 9 06:15:26 PST 2011

Dear Children's, Y.A. and School staff,

It's that time again ... time to start putting together CLC's annual holiday booklist, officially known as "Children's Books for Holiday Giving." Now is your chance to ensure once again that Connecticut's children and teens will receive some truly wonderful books - print or "e" - this December!

Please email me one or two (or more) recommendations for your favorite recently published (2010-2011) children's or YA books that would be suitable for gift-giving. I will need the following information:
Title & author (& illustrator for picture books)
Your recommended age level. I have been using these categories:
Babies & Toddlers (ages 0-3)
Young Readers & Listeners (ages 3-8)
Middle Readers (ages 8-12)
Teens (ages 12+ ... if your title is only suitable for older teens, please note that in your description)
A very brief description - what it's about and why it's superb, all in about 30 words or less!
Your name, library/school & job title, so I can credit you properly.

Send whatever you loved this year - fiction and non-fiction - with a focus on books that would make great gifts.

The deadline for submissions is coming up fast - Monday, November 14 - so send 'em in now!  As in the past, I'll use as many recommendations as I can, put them into reproducible brochures, and get the files out to you in time for you to distribute to your patrons throughout the holiday season.

Here is a link to the lists from the last 8 years:
http://www.ctlibrarians.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=32

Thanks in advance for your contributions!!

Best,
Christine

Christine Sarrazin
Connecticut Library Consortium