[CASL-L] Student Readers needed - HIGH SCHOOL Nutmeg Book Award

Garofalo Lisa lgarofalo at ellingtonschools.net
Fri Nov 11 05:09:45 PST 2011

Good morning,

As of today, we have not received any high school applications for
student readers to be on the first ever High School Nutmeg Selection
Committee. The deadline is this coming Tuesday, November 15th

This will be the inaugural year of a new level to the Nutmeg Book Award!
For 2014, there will be three levels to our Connecticut Book Award. The
Intermediate Award serves students in grades four through six, the Teen
Award is for students in grades seven and eight, and announcing a High
School Award for students in grades nine through twelve.

We're looking for dedicated and thoughtful readers currently in grades
10, 11, or 12. Two or three students will be selected to serve on this
committee. The input from these readers is taken very seriously and is
an important part of the selection process. These students should be
willing to read about 60-70 books written for adults or young adults
across a variety of genres and be able to speak clearly and comfortably
in front of a group of adults. If you know any students who would be a
valuable part of this committee, please encourage them to apply.

The committee will meet four or five times in a central location based
on where the committee members live. The meetings typically take place
on a weeknight and run a couple hours (the last meeting may run a little
longer when we choose the 10 nominated books).

Applications are attached to this message and can be returned via email,
mailed, or faxed to

Lisa Garofalo

Ellington Middle School

46 Middle Butcher Rd

Ellington, CT 06029

phone 860-896-2339 x131
fax 860-896-2366
lgarofalo at ellingtonschools.net

Please respond by November 15, 2011

At this late date, fax or email is preferred. Thank you.

If you have any further questions or would like more information, visit
the Nutmeg Book Award website at http://www.nutmegaward.org/ or respond
to one of the chairpeople listed above.

I hope you or your students will consider being part of this wonderful
committee!

Lisa Garofalo

School Librarian

Ellington Middle School & Crystal Lake School

Ellington, CT

lgarofalo at ellingtonschools.net

Co-Chair, 2014 Selection Committee
High School Nutmeg Book Award