[CASL-L] Seats Available: Excel 2007 (Danbury PL) & Accidental PR Manager (MLSC)

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Tue Nov 29 06:02:25 PST 2011

Please excuse the cross posting

The following Connecticut State Library CE workshop has been scheduled for December 2011. To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

PLEASE NOTE: Workshops will be canceled approx. one week before the scheduled date if we do not receive at least eight registrations per workshop.

Excel 2007 Pt.1 & Pt.2 - Dec. 8th (Pt.1) and Dec. 15th (Pt.2) (Danbury PL)

This series of two half-day classes will bring you from novice to advanced professional.

Participants are expected to attend both sessions.

Topics include:

Part 1: December 8, 2011

Entering numbers and text into cells

Creating simple formulas

Using functions

Using the fill handle

Formatting sheets for printing

Part 2: December 15, 2011

Creating advanced functions

Naming cells and ranges

Developing formulas using named cells and ranges

Using 3-D functions to calculate across worksheets

Defining absolute and relative references

Creating elapsed time/day formulas

Accidental Public Relations Manager- or "Help! - I Have To Promote My Library - Dec. 12th (Pt.1) and Dec. 19th (Pt.2) (MLSC)

Are you suddenly responsible for promoting your library's programs or services? Perplexed about how to get coverage in the local press? Can't see to get the word out at the right time and in the right place?

Jennifer Keohane will share tips, how-to's, and do's & don'ts to help you get not only get the word out but to also get the message to the right people. She'll show you how to create a system to effectively maximize your time in promoting your library's programs and services.

You'll learn:

*What is marketing and pr (public relations)

*How to find pr opportunities in your library

*How to create a marketing strategy and promotion plan

*The do's & don't of writing press releases

*The role of social media in library pr

*How & where to focus your pr efforts

*How to evaluate your efforts

Kris Abery