[CASL-L] 2014 Teen Nutmeg Committee

Garofalo Lisa lgarofalo at ellingtonschools.net
Mon Oct 3 12:42:58 PDT 2011

Sorry for the duplicate emails. I just finished chairing the 2013
committee and had that year in my mind when I sent out the email. Kristi
is looking for students and librarians to be part of the 2014 Teen
Nutmeg Selection Committee. Please see below.

Thank you!

-Lisa

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
`````

Dear CASL members,

I am currently accepting applications for teen readers and for school
/public librarians to be members of the 2014 Teen Nutmeg Selection
Committee.

Additionally, I would love suggestions for books to be considered for
the 2014 list. The books have to be written between 2008 and 2013 and be
available in paperback by January 31, 2013.

Teen Readers

We're looking for dedicated and thoughtful readers currently in grades 8
or 9. Two students will be selected to serve on this committee. The
input from these readers is taken very seriously and is an important
part of the selection process. These students should be willing to read
about 80 books across a variety of genres and be able to speak clearly
and comfortably in front of a group of adults. If you know any students
who would be a valuable part of this committee, please encourage them to
apply.

School/Public Librarian Readers

We also need school or public librarians to be part of the Teen Nutmeg
Committee (you must be a member of CASL or CLA). It is a great
opportunity to meet other librarians from across the state and learn
what's new in YA literature and read many wonderful books.

The committee will meet four or five times in a central location based
on where the committee members live. The meetings typically take place
on a weeknight and run a couple hours (the last meeting may run a little
longer when we choose the 10 nominated books).

Questions/How to Apply

Applications for both reader groups are attached to this message and can
be returned via email or mailed to me at:

Kristi Sadowski

Booth & Dimock Memorial Library

1134 Main Street

Coventry, CT 06238

KSadowski at CoventryCT.org

Please respond by October 31, 2011.

If you have any further questions or would like more information, visit
the Nutmeg Book Award website at http://www.nutmegaward.org/  or feel
free to contact me directly at KSadowski at CoventryCT.org or 860-742-7606.

I hope you consider being part of this exciting committee and encourage
your students to apply as well!

-Kristi

Sent by Lisa Garofalo on behalf of the Nutmeg Committee

Lisa Garofalo

School Librarian

Ellington Middle School & Crystal Lake School

Ellington, CT

lgarofalo at ellingtonschools.net

Chairperson, Nomination Committee
2013 Teen Nutmeg Book Award