[CASL-L] Playaways and Playaway Views

Crowley, John jcrowley at region9ps.org
Wed Oct 5 11:01:01 PDT 2011

Yvonne,
Back in 2007 we purchased 12 Playaways for assigned reading books in the high school. We wrote a grant and purchased them for $630 from Recorded Books.  You can get them from Amazon or Follett, as well.  Even though we heavily promoted them to the English and SPED teachers, we have only had a total of 16 circs.  I think the kids would rather pay for a download in iTunes for their iPods.
BTW, we don't give out earbuds, for sanitary reasons.  The kids have their own.

John Crowley
Director, Learning Resources & Information Technology
Joel Barlow High School
100 Black Rock Turnpike
Redding, CT  06896
203-938-2508 x1540