[CASL-L] Need roundtable facilitators for CASL/CECA!!!

Michelle Luhtala mluhtala at me.com
Wed Oct 12 19:01:23 PDT 2011

From my friend and colleague, Cathy Swan:

At the CASL/CECA Conference on Monday, October 24, we will be offering roundtable discussion opportunities on various topics. We have numerous volunteer facilitators in the area of Technology and would like an equal number of offerings in the library field.  Facilitators are expected to begin the discussion with background on his or her personal experience on the topic and then let the discussion meander according to the experiences of those at the table. It’s been my experience that a few guiding questions help when (or if) there’s a lull in the conversation.

Please submit your name, contact information and suggested topic to Cathy Swan at the following cathy.swan at newcanaan.k12.ct.us. Cathy will respond directly to you as to time and place.

If you’ve never presented at a conference, this is a painless and interesting way to get started! Give it a try! It takes little to no prep and can be a great way to make contacts in your field.

Here are some thoughts on topics: eBooks, iPads in the library, Online reading, Databases, Teen Advisory Group, Book chats and virtual book chats. Suggest others!

Thanks.

Cathy Swan

Technology Integration Teacher, Google Certified

District Professional Development Team

New Canaan High School

New Canaan, CT 06840

203-594-4631

cathy.swan at newcanaan.k12.ct.us

JML

Celebrate the freedom to read and learn on the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) Banned Sites Awareness Day (September 28). For more information, please visit bannedsites.info, visit the #bannedsites Facebook page, or read an article about the event in USA TODAY.

Michelle Luhtala
@mluhtala on Twitter
loots on Google+
mluhtala at me.com
Library Department Chair
New Canaan High School
11 Farm Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(615) 669 66702 - phones
Bibliotech.me - blog
edWeb.net - Facilitator: Using Emerging Technology to Improve your School Library Program