[CASL-L] Seats Available: Gadgets for Librarians (WLSC) & HTML Decoded (WLSC)

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Mon Oct 24 05:42:25 PDT 2011

There are still seats available in the Gadgets for Librarians (Nov. 9th) and Anatomy of a Webpage: HTML Decoded (Nov. 9th) workshops at the Willimantic Library Service Center. To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Gadgets for Librarians - Nov. 9th (WLSC)

There has been an explosion of gadgets in the technology market, and its quite difficult to keep track of them. In this workshop, we will demonstrate various handheld devices such as iFlip cameras, tablets (iPad), eReaders, and smartphone. We will explore some of their uses in the library, as well as tools for buying the device that best suits your needs.

If you own a cool gadget, feel free to bring it along and participate in our "show and tell

Anatomy of a Webpage: HTML Decoded - Nov. 9th (WLSC)

Hypertext Markup Language is one of the programming languages used to create web pages. If you use Frontpage or Dreamweaver, knowing HTML will allow you to tweek or troubleshoot your page quickly. In this class, we will translate HTML coding into simple English and create a web site from scratch. You will learn how web sites work, basic tags, and "Meta" elements. No HTML or Web experience necessary!