[CASL-L] Data supports LMS impact

Crowley, John jcrowley at region9ps.org
Mon Sep 12 05:57:38 PDT 2011

Thanks, Irene, for keeping us in the know.
This was my reaction, posted on the SLJ site:
This is an important contribution to research. However, Barbara Stripling's comment, "although some principals still recognize the value of highly qualified librarians in these tough economic times, many more have no qualms about getting rid of them," is crucial in understanding how to stem the tide of job elimination. Your local principal has to be convinced that you are central to his/her vision. This is why I wrote my book in 1994 and revised it this year. http://www.abc-clio.com/product.aspx?isbn=9781591588917

John Crowley
Director, Learning Resources & Information Technology
Joel Barlow High School
100 Black Rock Turnpike
Redding, CT  06896
203-938-2508 x1540