[CASL-L] Facebook for Libraries: Creating Pages & Groups & LinkedIn for Librarians - Sept. 28th @ WLSC

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Mon Sep 19 05:06:59 PDT 2011

There are still seats in the following continuing education workshops. To register access the Calendar of Continuing Education Classes in Connecticut  @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Please note: Workshops will be canceled if we do not receive the required minimum number of registrations
by Sept. 23rd at 12:00 p.m.

Facebook for Libraries: Creating Pages & Groups - Sept. 28th (WLSC)
Facebook has grown to become the most popular Social Network on the planet with over 175 million active users. You may be using it in your personal life, but Facebook can also be used for your library as well. In this workshop, we will explore Facebook's Business & Organization pages and groups. We will learn the subtle differences between the different accounts, as well as investigate the different features and applications Facebook has to offer and how you can use them for your library's page.

Prerequisite: You must already have a Facebook personal account and be familiar with basic status updates.

LinkedIn for Librarians - Sept. 28th (WLSC)
You may have heard of Facebook and MySpace but are you familiar with LinkedIN? This social networking site has become one of the most popular sites for those wanted to create a professional presence on the Internet. In this workshop, we will explore LinkedIn features such as Profiles, Contacts, and Job Searching. We will also examine various "groups" available in the LinkedIn network where we can share ideas, write or receive professional recommendations, as well as enhance our knowledge of library issues.

Kris Abery
Connecticut State Library
Continuing Education Coordinator
Tele: 860.704.2206