[CASL-L] Children's Book Presentation

Janice Hechter janice at janicehechter.com
Sun Aug 26 11:08:18 PDT 2012

I am a Connecticut children's book illustrator interested in coming in
to area schools to give a presentation on my new children's book,
published by Pelican Publishing.
The book will be out this September and is titled /The Great Elephant
Escape/.

The following is what I would like to cover in my presentation.**If you
have any other questions, feel free to ask me.*

       Topics Covered*

  * What an illustrator does
  * Author/Illustrator/Publisher relationship
  * Fiction versus Non-Fiction discussion
  * Reading of the book, The Great Elephant Escape
  * Discussion of the actual true story that The Great Elephant Escape
    is based on
  * How the source material was gathered for this book (models used etc.)
  * The image revision process for this book
  * Fun Fact discussion about elephants
  * Questions and Answers

Here is the link to the book on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Great-Elephant-Escape-Belle-Townsend/dp/145561582X

Also, visit my website to view my other books at:
http://janicehechter.com/pages/about/about.html
<http://www.janicehechter.com>

Rate is $200 per presentation

Recommended grades for presentation is 1-4

You may contact me at:
860-606-0981 or
janice at janicehechter.com