[CASL-L] CC assessments

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 07:41:32 PDT 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: David loertscher <reader.david at gmail.com>
To: aaslforum at ala.org
Sent: Sat, August 25, 2012 10:00:09 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] PARCC assessments

If your state is a member of PARCC for Common Core, they just released thier
sample items for assessment.  I hope I figured out the right pages, but here is
the link to the page the sample items seem to be on by grade level:

http://www.parcconline.org/samples/item-task-prototypes

Then, there is an interesting statement about research projects:

http://www.parcconline.org/mcf/english-language-artsliteracy/research-project-6

And, of course there is the emphasis on non-fiction reading

Every district seems to be talking about all this.

Is anyone out there doing workshops for teacher librarians?--
Professor David V. Loertscher
San Jose State University
Home address: 312 South 1000 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84102