[CASL-L] Interactive Data Projectors

Bizier, Sandra biziers at madison.k12.ct.us
Thu Dec 20 05:52:40 PST 2012

I was looking to buy data projectors for the elementary classrooms. I was considering buying an interactive data projector vs a short throw and not having to buy a Smartboard down the road.  Does anyone have any insight on them? I was most interested in the Infocus IN3924 model.

I'm also tossed between connecting the data projector to the teacher computer w/a VGA splitter (25' +) or the student laptop w/an HDMI cord.  Do people have problems with long VGA cords?  I've read about ghosting problems.

Also looking at document cameras - the Ladybug vs Elmo (least expensive but works well).

Thank you for your help and happy holidays/reading,