[CASL-L] Destiny ebooks and nooks - do they get along?

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 9 11:22:46 PST 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Melissa Jacobsen <mjacobsen at ala.org>
To: aaslforum at ala.org
Sent: Mon, January 9, 2012 2:15:52 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] RE:  Re: Re: Destiny ebooks and nooks - do they get along?

Hello –
For those struggling with navigating the world eBooks in the school library
program, I wanted to mention that AASL has a new e-Academy course, From 0 to 60:
Implement eBooks in Your Library Program in 4 Weeks starting February 6. Richard
Hasenyager, Jr. will facilitate the course, drawing on his personal experience
implementing eBooks at the 2011 National School Library Program of the Year
Award recipient, North East Independent School District in San Antonio, TX.
Learning objectives for the course include:
	* Understand eBook delivery and acquisition models including locating free and
for fee content
	* Understand Digital Rights Management (DRM) and how it has an effect on the
use of eBooks in schools
	* Explore the technical needs of various eBook platforms including hand-held
devices and including resources into a library catalog
	* Learn how to use eBooks in instructional units
	* Create a step-by-step implementation plan for eBooks on your campus/school
district
Space is limited. To find out more or to register, visit AASL’s e-Academy pages
at: http://www.ala.org/aasl/conferencesandevents/eacademy/eacademy

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Melissa Jacobsen

Melissa Jacobsen
Manager, Professional Development
American Association of School Librarians
a division of the American Library Association

50 East Huron
Chicago, Illinois 60611

p: 800.545.2433 x4381
direct: 312.280.4381
f: 312.280.5276
www.aasl.org

Delve deeper into the tools designed to bring your school library program to the
next level…
Tools for Transforming your School Library Program
AASL Pre-Midwinter Institute
January 20, 2012
ALA 2012 Midwinter Meeting
Dallas, Texas