[CASL-L] Experts share their ed-tech predictions for the new year

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 9 12:29:28 PST 2012

Perhaps I read things differently.  When they say online learning, I think
libraries making information easily accessible via online, mobile devices and
social network tools.  When they say differentiation, I think increased
communication with students based on their personal needs via Moodle, Twitter
and Facebook for research sharing, and teaching students to create their own
personal learning networks.  When they say blended learning, I think class F2F
time and online.  When they say student voice and advocacy, I think digital
footprint, intellectual freedom, banned sites and the library as a place for
students to shine.  I think reinventing how we operate and reassessing how to
reach students so that they can succeed.  Think learning culture.  Think library
learning commons.