[CASL-L] FREE Webinar 1/24: Building Educational Apps [from Erin Pettus]

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 13:31:31 PST 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: edWeb <message at edweb.net>
To: Irene Kwidzinski <kwidz at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Tue, January 17, 2012 10:48:45 AM
Subject: Upcoming Webinar 1/24: Building Educational Apps [from Erin Pettus]

Upcoming Webinar 1/24: Building Educational Apps [from Erin Pettus]
A new posting was submitted in the community Exploring eBooks for K-12.
 Upcoming Webinar 1/24: Building Educational Apps
A new posting from Erin Pettus (Communications Coordinator, edWeb.net)

We thought you might be interested in edWeb.net's TechTools webinar this month:
Building Educational Apps
Tuesday, January 24th - 5PM Eastern Time

In This Session
Many people in the educational community are beginning to discover that apps for
mobile devices are the "next big thing".  Recent surveys have revealed that
people spend significantly more time (a ratio of 4:1) on their phone/tablet than
they do on their "traditional" desktop or laptop.  Many school districts are
unpacking their new tablets and/or iPods with excitement, but then saying "What
do we do now?"  The answer lies in educational apps.  Wouldn't it be great if
you could build your OWN educational apps, and tailor them to the learning needs
of YOUR students?

Shannon will look at "free" and "paid" app-building software - and discuss the
pros and cons of each.  He will also let you inside his app-making laboratory to
unlock the secrets of building the perfect app.  Tune in on Tuesday, January
24th at 5pm Eastern Time to harness the power of this exciting new technology!

To Participate in the Live Session
- Follow this link at the scheduled time: www.instantpresenter.com/edweb12
- You DO NOT have to pre-register.
- This webinar will be archived for for viewing anytime after the live session.

About the Presenter
Shannon Holden has been a high school and middle school teacher and
administrator in North Dakota, Texas, and Missouri for 20 years.  Holden built a
website, www.newteacherhelp.com in 2009 to help reduce the 50% five-year
attrition rate for new teachers in the educational profession.

About TechTools for the Classroom: Easy Ideas to Engage Students
The TechTools PLC is a place where you can post questions, start discussions,
and get feedback from experts and peers on great technology tools to use in the
classroom.  Stay connected, share ideas, and get support from colleagues all
across the country, and the world.
As a member of the community, you'll be invited to a free webinar and live chat
each month on a different topic.  You'l have access to all of the webinar
recordings, presentations, and resources, providing you with an online learning
center you can return to at any time.  CE certificates are provided for
attending and viewing the webinars.

Visit the community at www.edweb.net/techtools.

To reply to the message, go to http://www.edweb.net/.59c70aad

Change your email notifications: You can customize your email notifications,
receive a daily digest, or stop all notifications completely.  To change your
settings, go to My Settings then select "Change My Notifications."