[CASL-L] Correction: Free Webinars for Librarians---Carterette Series July 18

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 9 16:31:11 PDT 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Buffy Hamilton <buffy.hamilton at gmail.com>
To: aaslforum at ala.org
Sent: Mon, July 9, 2012 5:14:38 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] Correction: Free Webinars for Librarians---Carterette
Series July 18

Hello all...the first posting had links that did not cross-post correctly from
my work email account.  The links below should cooperate!

Thank you!

Buffy J. Hamilton

Blog | Twitter | Portfolio

The Georgia Library Association is pleased to announce the July 2012 sessions of
the Carterette Series Webinars.

The Carterette Series is a bi-monthly educational webinar series highlighting
trends, innovation, and best practices in libraries. The free sessions are open
to interested parties from all geographic (and astral) locations. Topics are
chosen to be of interest to students and employees from all library types, and
each session is approved for one Georgia Continuing Education (CE) contact hour.

Can't make it to the live show? That's okay. The sessions will be recorded and
availableon the CSW site for later viewing.

Emerging Technologies: Tips and Strategies for Success in Libraries
Presented by Roy Cummings
July 18th, 2012
2pm to 3pm Eastern Time (What time is that for me?)

REGISTER

Emerging technologies have become an ever-present part of our academic lives.
>From communicating with library supporters to providing resources for distance
learners, educators must think about the tools we use and how we use them. What
do we use? How? Why? These are some of the questions that constantly present
themselves as we wade through the pool of emerging technologies. For libraries
that do not have staff dedicated to digital initiatives, deciding on which tools
to use and how to effectively use them can be challenging. This session aims to
provide practical insight into understanding emerging technologies and tips for
identifying and implementing relevant tools and services.

Designing Vibrant Libraries: Using our Strengths to Create the Libraries of the
Future
Presented by Michael Porter
July 18th, 2012
3:15pm to 4:15pm Eastern Time (What time is that for me?)

REGISTER

Join Michael as we take a thought-provoking stroll through library history,
technology evolution and our shared humanity. We'll examine what makes libraries
work at the most basic levels, and how our jobs, right now, have the potential
to create a foundation for a stunningly vibrant future for libraries and the
communities they serve. Come ponder concepts like need, desire, human nature,
society and technology and leave more inspired about your work and your life as
an information professional. Read more from Michael at http://libraryman.com.

~~~
Please contact a member of the Carterette Series Planning Team with questions or
suggestions.

Sarah Steiner: ssteiner at gsu.edu
Tessa Minchew: tessa.minchew at gpc.edu
Kimberly Boyd: kimberly.boyd at gpc.edu