[CASL-L] August iCONN Webinar Schedule

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Thu Jul 26 05:46:17 PDT 2012

Seats still available in the Free Webinar: Homework Help with iCONN  and Free Webinar: Health & Wellness  Resource Center  schedule for August 17th and August 20th

Free Webinar: Homework Help with iCONN - August 17th (Online)
This webinar focuses on Gale's homework helper resources. We'll use actual school assignments to explore the In Context resources (Science, U.S. History, World History, Biography), perfect for middle and high school students. We'll also take a look at Kids InfoBits for elementary age students. We'll also take a quick look at Testing and Education Reference Center for students preparing for college and careers

Free Webinar: Health & Wellness  Resource Center - August 20th (Online)
This workshop will focus on using the health resources available from iCONN - Health and Wellness Resource Center and Health Reference Center Academic. Certainly these resources have extensive coverage of medical issues but how about using them in another way? You can discover tips for healthy living - find recipes, exercise tips, and more! Take advantage of Health Reference Center Academic's to save research and set up search alerts for important topics. Tune into this workshop to uncover ways to use these resources with your patrons and students!

ONLINE LEARING OPPORTUNITIES: WEBJUNCTION CONNECTICUT

If you are unable to attend a workshop visit  WebJunction Connecticut @ http://www.webjunction.org/partners/connecticut.html

To Preview the Course Catalog:  https://oclc.plateau.com/plateau/user/site/browseCatalog.do  OR  Request Course Access visit: https://www.webjunction.org/find-training/request-access/

Free online courses for Connecticut library staff through the WebJunction Connecticut website. The course list includes, but is not limited to:

Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, etc.)

Adobe Applications (InDesign, Acrobat, Captivate, etc.)

Basic Presentation Skills: Delivering a Presentation

Basic Web Reference

Customer Service Fundamentals: Building Rapport

Dealing with Angry Patrons

Keeping It Simple: Developing a Marketing Plan for Your Library

Leadership Essentials

Marketing Essentials

Planning Story Times for Children

Readers Advisory Services

You Can Do It: A Recipe for Designing Web-based Instruction

Kris Abery
Continuing Education Coordinator
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Avenue