[CASL-L] Call for presenters

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 4 12:17:28 PST 2012

FYI

The CASL (Connecticut Association of School Librarian) Professional Development
committee, in partnership with CECA (Connecticut Educators Computer Association)
is seeking proposals for the CECA/CASL joint conference on October 29, 2012 at
the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford.

Presenters at the CECA / CASL Conference come from among the many educators in
Connecticut and beyond who successfully integrate information literacy and
technology into the educational process to improve student learning. The Boards
of Directors of CECA and CASL invite such experienced educators to submit an
application to present at the CECA / CASL 2012 Conference.

The theme of the conference is Connect2Learn and our keynote speaker is Adam
Bellow. We are looking for proposals that address national educational standards
set forth by AASL (American Association of School Librarians) and/or ISTE
(International Society for Technology in Education) and highlight best practices
for integrating technology and literacy skills on the district, school, and/or
classroom level.

In addition to traditional conference presentations, we are seeking applications
from educators interested in presenting hands-on sessions and leading roundtable
discussions.

To submit an application go to www.ctcasl.com and click on Call for Presenters
under Conference. The deadline for proposals is April 4th. All presenters will
be notified in May as to the status of their proposals.