[CASL-L] More Primary Sources for Teaching and Learning from the Dodd Research Center, UConn Libraries

Laura Smith Laura.Smith at lib.uconn.edu
Mon Mar 19 10:41:16 PDT 2012

Hi school librarians.  Several weeks ago I posted on this list an announcement that on the blog of the Dodd Research Center of the UConn Libraries I was creating posts that were geared specifically to Social Studies teachers to use in the classroom, with a request for you to bring the blog to the attention of your faculty whenever possible.

I have just posted another Resources for Teaching and Learning post, at http://doddcenter.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/the-case-against-franklin-d-roosevelt-and-a-pamphlet-that-does-quite-the-opposite-a-source-for-classroom-instruction/.  Let me know what you think and if any of your faculty may be interested.

Thanks, too, for the nice comments to my last post about this initiative to bring primary sources at the UConn Libraries out to Connecticut’s 5-12 students.

Best to you all,

Laura

Laura Smith, C.A.
Curator for Business, Railroad, and Labor Collections
Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center
University of Connecticut Libraries
405 Babbidge Road, Unit 1205
Storrs, CT  06269-1205

laura.smith at lib.uconn.edu<mailto:laura.smith at lib.uconn.edu>