[CASL-L] SMART Goals & School Librarians

Yulo-medeiros, Julie jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us
Mon Nov 5 06:28:40 PST 2012

All certified staff at my high school need to write two SMART goals for the year. One in their content area and one in literacy. This is the first time we are doing this and there is some confusion and concern. We've been told two different thing. One, SMART goals need to be linked to a statewide assessment (CAPT) and two SMART goals do not need to be linked to a statewide assessment. If you are writing SMART goals what information do you have about linking them to a statewide assessment or not? If you are writing SMART goals for the library program at your school what do they look like, how do you plan to measure them and how big are the goals (meaning are you working with one class, an entire grade level or the whole school)?

Thank you in advance for your input and help. It is appreciated.
Julie Yulo-Medeiros

School Librarian
Virtual High School Site Coordinator
Cromwell High School