[CASL-L] Destiny Quest accounts

Elaine Lettiere lettieree at prestonschools.org
Wed Oct 10 06:08:19 PDT 2012

Good morning everyone.

I am considering making Destiny accounts for my 5th graders which would
allow them to manage their own library accounts-request holds, renew
materials, check from home to see what they have out, etc.  It would also
allow them to recommend books to each other, write book reviews, etc.  All
good stuff, right?  I hesitate only because of  the the "socialness" of the
accounts.  They can friend each other, recommend books to each other and
send private messages.  I am concerned about how I can manage that part of
their accounts so that they can be responsible and accountable for what
they put out there.

Is anyone else using Destiny Quest accounts at the elementary level?  Or at
the middle school level for that matter?  I will have to pitch this to my
administration so I am looking for the good, the bad and the ugly.  :)

Thanks everyone.

--
Elaine Lettiere
School Librarian