[CASL-L] Library monitors

Nancy Carlson carlsonn at fpsct.org
Thu Oct 11 05:11:03 PDT 2012

Do any of you have teachers who do a duty in the library, helping make sure
the students sign in, laptops get checked out and general crowd control?
 We have had a teacher in the library the past two years, 6 out of 9
periods.  The person who does the duty assignments has changed and did not
check with us, so we no longer have monitors.  We depend on a volunteer,
who give us 20 hours a week, to cover our aide's lunch and break.  We have
collected data about how many students we serves each period;  classes we,
the librarians, are teaching when we are not in the library.  I am hoping
you folks can give me some suggestion as to how to make a better case for
having a teacher do their duty in the library.  I am missing some critical
piece.  Can you help?  Thanks in advance.

--
Nancy Carlson
Farmington High School
carlsonn at fpsct.org or nan71753 at gmail.com