[CASL-L] Picture Book Month - Recommend Your Favorite by Oct 28!

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 24 18:36:30 PDT 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jennifer Habley <jhabley at ala.org>
To: aaslforum at ala.org
Sent: Wed, October 24, 2012 2:58:07 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] Picture Book Month - Recommend Your Favorite by Oct 28!

Forwarded on behalf of Megan McFarlane.
-----

Hello!

In celebration of November being Picture Book Month, I am currently working on a
story for ALA’s atyourlibrary.org website, which is tentatively titled “30 Days
of Picture Books.”

Do you have a favorite picture book that you think should be on the list? Share
your recommendation, and it could be featured on atyourlibrary.org.

How it works:
1.       Select your favorite picture book.
2.       Write a 1-2 sentence teaser that will make parents and kids want to
check out the book.
3.       Include your name and library, so we can credit your recommendation on
our website.
4.       Send all this information to Megan McFarlane at mmcfarlane at ala.org,
with the subject “Picture Book Month – Recommendation.”
5.       All recommendations should be sent in no later than Oct. 28.

The article will be posted on atyourlibrary.org’s Connect with your kids @ your
library blog, which is directed at parents and promotes using the resources at
the library to spend quality family time together. Content on atyourlibrary.org,
including Connect with your kids @ your library, is available for use by
librarians under a Creative Commons license.

Questions? Feel free to contact me at either mmcfarlane at ala.org, or by phone at
312-280-2148.

I look forward to checking out your recommendations myself!

Sincerely,
Megan McFarlane

Megan McFarlane
Campaign Coordinator