[CASL-L] I Love My Librarian Nominations Due Sept 12

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 6 13:45:38 PDT 2012

Through I Love My Librarian Award, 10 Librarians Will Receive $5,000

Nominations are open through September 12 for the Carnegie Corporation of New
York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award.  Ten librarians in school,
public, college, community college and university libraries will receive $5,000
and be honored at an award ceremony in New York in December.

The award encourages library users – teachers, principals, administrators,
students – to submit nominations about how their librarian makes a difference in
school or to the community.

Previous nominators have said of their school librarians:
·         "The driving force behind our school’s transformation into a 21st
Century learning community…"

·         "A true innovator."
·         "Changes the reading lives of students."
Nomination forms and more information are available at
www.atyourlibrary.org/ilovemylibrarian.