[CASL-L] Facebook Information LIteracy Forum

Schofield, Cindy schofieldbc1 at southernct.edu
Mon Sep 17 11:43:36 PDT 2012

Greetings!

First I want to thank everyone who took the IL survey last spring.  I complied results over the summer and will post them to this list later this fall.  As part of my research I have also been gathering qualitative data and want to experiment with an "online focus group" using Facebook.

If you have a Facebook account and are interested in discussing Information literacy issues-especially the relationship between high school librarian and college/university librarian expectations-please check out the Facebook page "Connecticut Librarians Discuss Information Literacy."

I'm interested in  how AASL standards match Common Core and ACRL standards; how teachers use (or don't) librarians to enhance IL instruction; whether administrators recognize the value and skills of the school librarians etc.  Suggestions for academic outreach to high schools (middle schools?) is also of interest.

I have posted some "conversation starters" on the site so feel free to respond to those or add your own comments.  For example one question is: At this time there are no librarians on the Connecticut P-20 Council which means librarian input was minimal at best for the "College and Career readiness workshops."  Is this a problem?

To join the discussion go to www.facebook.com/ConnecticutLibrariansDiscussInformationLiteracy<https://www.facebook.com/ConnecticutLibrariansDiscussInformationLiteracy>.

Thanks!

Cindy

Cindy K. Schofield