[CASL-L] RE: online or print NONFICTION magazines

Tichey-Staack, Mary mticheystaack at ridgefield.org
Wed Apr 24 10:48:52 PDT 2013

Hello all!

My principal requested I develop a list of current nonfiction magazines that are in print or online that can be used with the K-5 population when supporting common core instruction. (NOT the popular stuff kids like, but those that are useable in research, writing and reading instruction in science, social studies, etc.)
He mentioned "Time for Kids" and "Scholastic News".

I would like to give him as many options as possible for purchasing and I know that collectively, you know many, many more titles than I can think up on my own, or through straight research.

In your expert opinions, what are the BEST nonfiction K-5 magazines in print or online that you would recommend teachers use for instructional purposes?

Thank you in advance and I will post a hit with the results.

Mary E. Tichey-Staack, Teacher-Librarian
Branchville Elementary School
40 Florida Road
Ridgefield, CT 06877
mticheystaack at ridgefield.org<mailto:mticheystaack at ridgefield.org>
203-544-7980 x2137

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW!  It is fun to have fun.  But you have to know how."
Dr. Seuss
Currently Reading: Out of My Mind by Draper