[CASL-L] Circulation question

Yulo-medeiros, Julie jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us
Fri Feb 22 06:40:53 PST 2013

I don't maintain both systems any more even though some of our older books have card pockets in them. I save money when ordering books because I don't need to pay for that  feature or add it myself.

Are you using Destiny? It's pretty easy to see a book's history? Though, I realize if you computers are slow it might not be as quick as I can do it. You don't need to run a report unless you want the history of several books at once.
Book History Steps: Library Search>Search Results>Title of Book>Copy Status>Check Out History

The other nice about doing away with book cards is protecting patron privacy.  It may not be as big of a deal at the elementary level but at the high school level I think the students appreciate it especially when they are exploring a personal topic that might be viewed by others as controversial.

Good luck with your decision.
Julie

Julie Yulo-Medeiros
School Librarian